Well we have made it 1/2 way thru our first year as parents to little Eliza Grace. We are really enjoying having her in our family. She is such a blessing, delight, and joy to be around. We are really starting to see her personality come out. At times she can be dramatic (like any girl), but overall she is a very happy, content, smiley, fun-loving little girl! We thank God for her everyday. She really brightens up our lives in a way we never could've imagined!
New developments over the past few months:
- She loves to play: jumperoo, bouncer, play gym, or on a blanket on the floor, this girl lives to play. She especially loves it when we get down on the floor with her.
-Not much babbling yet... her main form of communication continues to be squealing and yelling! She is so funny. I swear she loves to hear herself "talk" in those high pitched tones! She gets a kick out of it.
- She smiles a lot now and has started giggling more... when Mama gives her kisses or Watson rolls up next to her to cuddle.
- She now sits up on her own for short increments of time.
- She started consistently on solids this month and we have just gotten into a schedule of twice a day. Her favorite food is carrots so far.
- She absolutely LOVES her new Jumperoo. We have only had it a few days, but already we have spent several HOURS in it! ha. Usually around 30 minutes multiple times a day.
- She is cutting her first tooth. It is one of the front bottom teeth.
- Less exciting, but still a first, Ellie experienced her first cold over the holidays. Since returning to AZ, her cough and congestion have died down a lot,... I blame those nasty OK allergies!
- She just started sleeping through the night this week! She goes to bed between 7-8pm and lately, has been waking up from 5-6am to eat, then back to bed until 8am! I can live with that :) Keep it up, EG!
- She can roll tummy to back, but still hasn't learned to roll back to tummy. We are working on it! And she gets super close, but still not completely there yet!
- We began teaching her sign language. We are starting with "Eat," "Mama," and "Dada." When I do my sign and say "Mama" to her, she usually gives me a big gummy smile! Maybe she is starting to figure out who I am! :)
We are looking forward to watching her grow even more, but also wish we could pause time as it just seems to pass too quickly! We love our little bundle of joy and pray that the Lord gives us many more days together!
|Pretty in pink!|
|6 months old!|