Friday, January 6, 2012

14 Weeks and Counting...

I can't believe I am already out of my first trimester! As many of you know, I had an interesting time navigating through the first trimester and have gladly welcomed this second trimester's arrival! I began having morning sickness around 5 weeks (just one week after we found out we were expecting). Surprisingly, my normal migraines have eased up. I only had a few in the first trimester and one major one so far in the second.

In general, I am feeling much better. I am starting to get anxious to feel this little baby kick and move. My pants have definitely gotten tighter. I wouldn't say I am "showing" yet, but I definitely feel bloated and just bigger in general.

As far as food goes, I have been eating much better and the aversions have subsided for the most part. Right now I am really enjoying oranges, broccoli, hummus, and cereal. I really need to work on the proteins, specifically eating more meat. I still don't have a desire to cook much. The food I like is usually fresh and easy to prepare (either just cutting it up or steaming some veggies). But the poor hubby loves his meat and potatoes and is usually needing a good meal after work... so hopefully I can get back in the kitchen!

I had an OB appointment this week with a new doctor. I really liked him! Very calm, nice, answered my questions with lots of details. As long as I can, I am going to stick with him (its hard with Tricare and the Army hospitals, you are constantly getting a new doc). I have been very pleased so far. We also signed up for  Bradley natural birthing classes yesterday. I personally am SO excited! The teacher has been incredibly sweet every time I have chatted with her. I am also really excited for Patrick to be a major part of this. I have to publicly thank the Lord for this opportunity,... I know many friends and fellow military wives who have faced their pregnancies while separated due to deployments. I know the Lord would help me through it if that was His plan. And as far as the future goes, it is a very real possibility that someday we will have to go through that. But I am thankful for this season and being able to have my husband home while experiencing our first pregnancy. I don't know how I would've made it out alive of the first trimester without my servant-hearted love! He catered to my every need and helped me more than I can put into words. I am so grateful he is home and is not deployable while he is in school this year. It is a blessing and I do not want to take a single day for granted.

We were so blessed this Christmas by our families with baby gifts galore! We were surprised and overwhelmed with their generosity! My favorite: a 12 pack of BumGenius cloth diapers from Bill&Wendy! I LOVE them and am so excited to be doing cloth with this baby. That is a gift that will keep on giving,... every day!! I just love looking at them and all the bright colors.


Aren't they so cute?!



We also took family pictures with my hubby's family during the holidays. Below are a few. Hope you enjoy! I am going to start taking some "belly pics" here in the next few weeks and I will be sure to post when I do. Until then, God Bless and Happy New Year, 2012!!






1 comment:

  1. Fun! Glad you're blogging this stuff! You'll like your BG dipes :)

    ReplyDelete