Monday, January 23, 2012

17 weeks!

Wow, I feel like we are finally getting somewhere now! I can't believe it has been 13 weeks now since we found out about this little blessing. The first weeks were the slowest ever (thanks to the morning sickness), but now that I am doing better time is starting to fly by!

Some new developments:

Baby: Now measuring in at 5.5 inches and 5 oz! The baby's nervous system is maturing rapidly, baby can now yawn, as well as move all around. I can't wait to feel this little one move! And baby's sense of hearing is more acute... guess I should watch how much I yell at Watson!?! LOL. Or hopefully the baby is just getting used to it now in utero so that it will be a normal part of life by the time he/she is here!

Things I am loving: Moe's burritos (best pregnancy food ever), bottled water, peppermints, eggs for breakfast, cottage cheese, baked potatoes, Greek gyros.

Strange aversion: pizza! not sure why but I can't really eat much of it and can't stand the smell of it either! and I still can't stomach cooking with raw meat. Hopefully this week the hubby can attempt a few meals so we can eat some home-cooked food.

Physical changes: My headaches have subsided!! praise the LORD! Hope they continue to stay away! Nausea is only bad in the evenings. Lots of lower abdominal pain (those ligaments must be stretching like crazy!) and some weird upper back/ rib pain. Obviously, my body is gearing up for some major changes soon! I can't wait to actually have a cute little bump instead of this pudge that looks like I just ate to much over the holidays ;)

In other news, we visited a great church this week. We are excited to go back and are hopeful that maybe we have found one to call home!


And this is our newest addition to the baby room: a beautiful changing table that Patrick's Grandpa and Grandma found! We love it. Thanks so much!

And another few non-baby pics. We were given this BEAUTIFUL chest of drawers by Patrick's parents. It was just taking up space in their garage. It needed a lot of  TLC though before its real beauty could shine through! So Patrick has been working on this since October. We had to strip the stain and polyurethane off (lots of stripper and sanding). Then we brought it back to GA and Patrick  applied the new stain and finish. We found some great new hardware for the drawers too. I am SO proud of him! I think it is gorgeous and I don't think I will ever want to part with it. Here are the pics.


Before


After

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I laughed when I read the line about yelling at Watson. I love the new items. Patrick did a great job restoring the dresser. Is it in your bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is in our room! I love it! And yes, I knew you would relate to the yelling at Watson comment... maybe someday he won't be so yappy ?! LOL.

    ReplyDelete